Freelance writing is in-demand nowadays. A lot of businesses are trying to improve their online visibility and so, they incorporate search engine optimization into their websites. Search engine optimization covers a lot of tasks and one of them is article writing.
Due to the demand for article writing online, there are many aspiring professional article writers who want to enter the industry. A lot of writers are finding the article writing industry an appealing trade as the demand is seen as one that will not die out anytime soon. As long as the Internet exists, article writing will remain among the most in-demand and high-paying online jobs people can grab.
Article writing for SEO purposes should be an appealing freelance job that people can do both full-time and part-time. There is no restrictions to becoming an article writer, after all. Especially if the freelance job is one that was grabbed from an online board, it won’t really matter whether you’re young or old. You could even be from the other side of the world and still churn out articles to get paid. The only requirement is that you are able to write a good article for your client.
To become a good article writer who can fulfill the client’s needs, there are several tips that you should follow. These tips should help improve your writing skills by leaps and bounds. Here are some of the tips worth remembering as an article writer:
- Never plagiarize. Plagiarism is looked down on when it comes to article writing. Of course, even in the real world, plagiarism is not accepted. After all, that just means that you are stealing the ‘property’ of another writer. Moreover, the website to which the keyword in your article will link to will receive penalties from Google if the content is found to have been duplicated from another source.
- Mind your keyword. Keywords are those words or phrases for which your client wants to be known. For example, a commercial cleaning company will want to be known for keywords such as commercial cleaning, janitorial services, or office cleaning. These are descriptive words or phrases that the online community will use on search engines to find the said commercial cleaning company. You have to use the appropriate keyword for your client.
- The article should be written for humans. Avoid content spinning software and similar other programs. These are programs that will just make the article you are writing sound like garbage. When writing, always keep in mind that you are writing for human readers, not search engine spiders.
- Check the quality. The article should be of good quality. Proofread the article so that there are no grammar issues and spelling mistakes. It will impress your client if you can create high-quality original articles. You will have more work later on as an article writer.
- Submit on time. As a writer, you have a deadline to keep. The deadline should be a strict requirement you impose on yourself. If you know how to meet your deadlines, the client you are working for will trust you more. In the online world, it is difficult to gain the trust of other people so you should not do anything that will make you lose your clients.
If you take good care of each and every article you write regardless of who your clients are, you will end up gaining a positive reputation as a content writer. Your reputation will help you out a lot in the future, especially when getting new contracts. As long as you build a positive reputation for yourself, you can earn a lucrative income as a content writer online.